What is Carbon® Digital Light Synthesis™ (DLS)?
Carbon® Digital Light Synthesis™ is ideal for developing high-fidelity prototypes, functional, and production parts with isotropic properties, complex geometries and excellent surface finishes. Parts manufactured with DLS possess similar strength and mechanical properties to those manufactured via injection molding.
Carbon DLS™ is a resin-based polymer process that uses light and heat to create parts with isotropic properties, complex geometries, and excellent surface finishes. DLS offers a wide range of production-grade materials, allowing engineers to build end-use parts right off the printer. We are certified in using the Carbon platform from design through production.
Carbon DLS™ Applications
Carbon DLS™ is often used for end-use parts because it produces high tolerances and smooth surface finishes. The speed of the Carbon DLS™ 3D printing process makes it an attractive option for rapid prototyping.
- High-volume production runs
- Cost-effective and quick production of small parts.
- Foam replacement
- Elastomeric lattice design enables custom mechanical responses.
- Functional prototyping
- Durable prototypes suitable for testing in real-world conditions.
- Chemical and heat resistant parts
- Materials that meet many functional and regulatory requirements.
- Complex parts
- Process allows for geometries that would be impossible to produce with other methods.